jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2024

A loving goodbye.

Journeys.
Journeys begin, and journeys end.

Many of them will never begin, 
but all of them will end
(the journey of this specific writing,
the journey we start with the ones we've chosen to love,
and absolutely and definitely, the journey that brings me here, to write these lines, while I breathe and beat on the other side of the screen).

Many journeys I ended with so much pain that I decided to cause it too. 
Many others were so unbearable, that I soothed the pain with just enough venom to keep me alive and unfeeling.
And more times than I can admit, they even left me with a temporal void that throbbed insipidly inside my chest, while my body made all possible efforts to keep me alive and rebuild my heart.

Hearts, 
loves, 
losses, 
tears over books and words, 
and sometimes over numbers 
(dates and algebra).

What I never expected aeons ago was to meet the loves I'm losing now while this new, resilient, reshaped and a hundred times revived heart faces the pain 
without escaping it, 
without hurting back, 
And without needing anything but water to keep it flowing and floating, among the tears of joy, love, sadness, melancholy and hope that the end of this journey brings.

Why now? Why this way? Why this moment?
(...Why not?) 

Perhaps because this time, when I chose to love you (and learn from you, grow with you, and face my demons and triggers through you), I did it knowing that the price to pay would be this pain by the end of the journey
(but of all people, you were worth it).

I give myself entirely, completely, to the love and pain I feel now.
The lesson this time will be feeling the sweet pain and the sour happiness that the certainty of an end (like no other phenomenon in the world) gives.


Without knowing how long it would last, I began this journey of loving you how I now know I can. 

And the end arrived and held our hands telling us the biggest lesson: 
The healing power of a loving goodbye.

I love you. 
I'll always remember you.
Thank you, infinitely, for this journey.

S.

No hay comentarios:

The letter I never sent

Dear you (or dearest, or beloved you): It is time for this letter to reach your hands, your eyes, or any sense that allows you to absorb as ...